Thanksgiving.November 24, 2006
[Written after a night out. So will need strong imagination on your part 😛 or some editing from my side !!]
Edit : I just came across this strip and it kinda looked apt here. Trust me, grad life isnt that bad 😀 It doesnt fit into my blog layout and you probably should see only the image.
A celebration of being thankful for what one has and the bounty of the previous year.
So, what have I been thankful for over the last one year? Apart from the usual : my family, my friends and their support, without which I wouldnt have been here in US, doing what I am doing now, I am thankful this year for
1) Dec 11-12, 2005 :- ” Life is filled with so many exciting twists and turns. Hop off the straight and narrow whenever you can and take the winding paths. Experience the exhilaration of the view from the edge. Because the moments spent there, that take your breath away, are what make you feel truly alive.” — Copyright © 2000 Stacey Charter .
Certain moments take your breath away. Certain decisions you know would change your whole life. One of those moments that would forever remain etched in my memories.
2) Dec 3, 2005 – Dec 30, 2005 :- Placed in TCS and Kritikal Solutions. I am thankful to Gaurav Somani for me getting into Kritikal . Its a long story. 😀
Interview to Job Conversion percentage : 100%. Okay, Agreeed, I screwed up tons of written exams including Sarnoff. A totally different story though. I was really careless and am like so glad that I got placed. Looking back, it really felt good that I would be earning and I guess I will have to go through this one more time !!
3) Mar 2, 2006 :- UCSC admit. Ufff.. finally an admit. And it was like the day of my life. My dream of Californication finally being realised. I literally jumped with joy that day and remember having a bash. It was something I really waited for, for such a long time and I had started to give up on MS and settle for working @ Kritikal. It felt really good.
4) July 14, 2006 :- VISA Interview. I was just so freaked out some days before the interview, I finally managed to make it. It was the shortest interview of my life. Barely lasted 30 secs. I was done with just a couple of Qs. Was so relieved that it was finally over. Was just looking forward at the shopping and all the fun I would have back home.
5) Sep 2, 2006 :- California here I come. Flight, Stay at Gaurav’s and Chikki’s place. Its all a blurred memory though it happened in the recent past, probably the jet-lag had its toll. I really liked US and still do. And I am surprised when someone tells me that they had a really bad first experience with US. I really had a nice time, and the transition was pretty smooth, more so cos I was so excited about California.
6) Nov 23, 2006 :- Thanksgiving dinner at a chum’s place, ( turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, apple pie and et ) a walk to the campus, which I would rmr for some time, and finally some decisions that would probably change the course of my life 😉 .. I am thankful for being able to think really clearly after a long time. I am glad I finally have blogged abt something I have wanted to for a long time.
Apart from these moments, there have been tons of happy times, nostalgic moments (Farewell n Graduation), a new found interest in cooking, esp chicken. All in all, its been an eventful year filled with fun and frolic.
P.S : 1) I dont actually remember the dates and had to get them courtesy gmail. 2) Why on earth would this picture signify “thanks”? :-??
Everything is okay in the end. If its not okay, then its not the end